Monday, March 29, 2010

No more teenage years...

I'm almost 20. In about an hour I'll never be a teenager again. SCHWAT!?

It could be because I have nothing to do and it's only 11 p.m., but I'm in one of those moods- so I'm going to blab about it:

First, I'll share something I just read that is so profound, yet so simple.
There are cooler ways to live than by trying to follow the gospel.... So live real good, and get beat up real bad. Dance until they kill you, and then we'll dance some more. That's how this thing seems to work.    
Shane Claiborne may be "radical" but I think he's trying to follow Jesus the best way he knows how-- and that is respectable to me.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually trying my hardest. I wonder if I'm actually following God's call for my life.


Real quick: The 2010 Chimney Top Bear Attack Went hiking with Logan, Chelcie, Jamie, Carter, and Nick (freshman at Webb). Hiked 2.3 miles up to chimney tops. Almost fell off the cliff. With back to edge of cliff--- bear meanders up the path. With no where else to go we scream. I cry. Carter Trips. We all get away alive. 


This picture has not been zoomed or photoshopped.. this is real life kids. 


I'm going to see Mat Kearney and Ingrid Michaelson tomorrow night with my sweet boyfriend for my birthday. I'm pretty excited!! I miss my mom and I wish she could be here too-- but I will see her and the rest of the family on Thursday. So until then... what do I do?!:::: I love on my friends here and get loved on in return. Not so bad.

I'm pretty much obsessed with Knoxville and the people I know here. I could never explain to someone outside how it is here- but I do know that I will never be the same because of the things that have happened here in the past 2-ish years.

Habakkuk 1:5 "Look at the nations and watch-- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe. even if you were told." 




I'll probably post more tomorrow.... and let you (referring to whoever in the WWW you are...) know how it feels to be 20. And how it feels to see Mat Kearney. Maybe I'll leave you with a few lyrics:
And if all we've got, is what no one can break,

I know I love you, if that's all we can take,
the tears are coming down, they're mixing with the rain,
I know I love you, if that's all we can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment